The deadline of July 30, 2020 is fast approaching for farmers to apply to the Risk Management Program (RMP)
- The deadline to apply closes at midnight on July 30th, 2020.
- Producers should contact the Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs’ delivery agent, Agricorp, to enroll in the Risk Management Program and AgriStability or to discuss their individual files.
- In response to COVID-19, the federal and Ontario governments have added labour as an insured risk to Production Insurance for the 2020 growing season.
- Canada and Ontario have also announced up to $10 million of support for beef and pork sectors through AgriRecovery.
- Ontario has an estimated 49,600 farms that contribute an estimated $7.6 billion annually to the province’s economy.
The link to apply: