Norfolk Step by Step
A brief step by step process to start you on the right path to launching your business.
- Write your Business Plan or a Business Model Canvas
- Complete the applicable, necessary registrations:
- Arrange to finance if required. Talk to investors, your bank and Venture Norfolk
- Secure your business location with a lease, if operating outside of the home.
- Check zoning, home occupation permits, building permits – Norfolk County Building Division (link: http://www.norfolkcounty.ca/living/building/) Phone: 519-426-5870 Ext. 2268
- Check with the Haldimand Norfolk Health Unit if your business involves food preparation or a related activity
- Explore business incentives for redevelopment of commercial properties – contact Norfolk County Tourism & Economic Development (link: http://www.norfolkbusiness.ca/incentives-supports/resources/), Phone 519-426-9497
- Arrange insurance as required
- If hiring employees, contact CCES for wage subsidy applications and apprentice support applications:
- The Employment Centre 519- 428-1135 Ext. 230
- Open a business bank account
Follow the links to learn more about acquiring business loans, more new business advice, government programs such as the Startup Program Support program. Also feel free to browse our Seminars & Resources for New Business, and Contact Us to let us get your business idea up and running.